Questions MA police can ask during a traffic stop
In Massachusetts, the police need a valid reason to pull your car over. The police are allowed to pull you over if they find out you have an outstanding warrant. The police may also pull you over for operation violations or equipment violations of your car. Therefore, if you don't want to be pulled over, you need to abide by the traffic laws and make sure your car doesn't have any problems. Once the police pull you over, the law allows them to do several things.
- The police may require you to produce your car's registration
- The police may require you to produce valid insurance information
- The police can require you to produce your driver's license
- The police can check your name for warrants
- The police can check your criminal history
- The police can check your vehicle identification number
MA Search and Seizure
Search on the Street
Traffic Stop Search
Traffic Stop Questioning
Traffic Stop Drug Signs
Probable Cause for Police Arrest
Consent to Search
Call Attorney Jason Chan to talk about your case today at 508-808-8902.